Nerd Alley: Madden '12 Touts New Feature!

Melanin Brooks 4:36 AM | , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ian Cummings, the creative director for the Madden franchise, posted a blog Super Bowl Sunday giving fans a sneak preview of a pair of new features in the next installment.  One feature caught my attention immediately! (read the entire blog post here.)

Are you ready for it? *Drumrolls*

SURPRISE ONSIDE KICKS!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Here, take my 60 bucks right this second...and my first born...and a dowry of the finest meats & cheeses I can get on my salary.  Madden is back!!!

Maybe I'm being a bit rough on Madden...no fuck that.  EASports has released the same unbalanced, feature giveth, feature taketh away game ever since they bought the NFL license.

I don't need any disclaimers on how I'm not a fanboy, that shit is for the YouTube comments section.  If you're alright with playing a half made football game, that's on you.  When the presentation in game matches the advertising blitz you give me a holler!  When nano-blitzing becomes extinct, call me.  When the franchise mode stops feeling unimportant, hit me on Twitter (@jisliteskinded).  When my 3rd string QB isn't able to drop back 20 yards & throw a perfect deep ball....I think you get the picture.

It's not like Madden is a fledgling franchise.  It's been printing money for over twenty years!  And we've griped about the issues above for half of them.  They KNOW of what they do, but they just don't give a damn about it anymore.  No competition equals no drive to make the best sim possible.

EASports...if it's in the game, we'll try to fit it in next year...or the year after that.

[brightcove vid=775249314001&exp3=605122069001&surl=http://c.brightcove.com/services&pubid=602043303001&pk=AQ~~,AAAAjCyTxFk~,bVqVUhSR9MpRNvG9K5TqNL8srgcPv2GF&w=480&h=270]

0 comments:

Post a Comment